Reflection is critical for life-long learning in general practice. GP Explore makes reflection simple by providing supervisors with access to:
- Registrar’s GP Explore analytics/data reports,
- Their own tool to capture, report and reflect on their own diversity of practice and consultation trends.
Benefits of accessing registrars GP Explore analytics/data reports:
- Registrar learning gaps can be identified and addressed to ensure experiential learning is balanced across the curriculum for general practice.
- Review of registrar analytics/reports can inform registrar feedback, case discussions, random case analysis and planning for learning.
- Evidence collated through GP Explore can support conversations with registrars, practice staff and medical educators to make positive changes.
Benefits of using GP Explore to capture and review their own data:
GP Explore provides:
- Simple data capture.
- Automated reporting, which enables timely reflection and planning for learning.
- Comparison of individual data with peer norms.
- Identification of gaps and development of learning goals,
- Evidence of patient diversity and consulting trends which may be used to inform, clinical audits, quality improvement and ongoing learning.
- Supervisor data that may be compared with registrar GP Explore data to provide additional insight, and discussed during registrar reflection and feedback.
- Ongoing access to input and review data at any point during the semester.